My Swiss Chard has gone crazy, and I really just can’t eat enough of it. So today, I took my mom’s advice and blanched some.
- thoroughly wash and rise chard (at this point you can also chop it into smaller pieces) while heating a large pot of water to a boil
- once water comes to a boil (some people like to salt their water, I prefer not to), add chard and let boil for one minute
- in a clean sink, make a bath of ice cubes and cold water
- move chard from boiling water to ice bath
- drain and package for freezing
- months later, defrost and enjoy in your favorite recipe