This weekend, we made a formal spot for our fire pit. Here is what our plan was an what we should have done to keep it a little less muddy.
- Decide on dimensions and buy materials appropriately. Planning out is good and will make your day easier. We thought a square would be nice to hold our round pit.
- Make sure you are following city code and keeping the pit far enough from your house and garage.
- Lay out card board to put your dug up dirt on. We left this step out and had mud city!
- Dig down enough for a layer of sand, and the depth of your brick. For us, this was around 3 inches. Keeping the pit on the same level as your yard will make for easy mowing.
- Lay a layer of sand as a even surface for your brick as well as a root barrier for random weeds that may want to live in you pit.
- Next line the brick. Level the brick. And fill the interior with rock.
- The extra dirt we put into a new raised bed.
- Night time warmth!