We’ve hit it here in Chicago, that single digit, windy, dry, icy, cold winter weather that I, personally, dread. What is one to do to help fight the urge to cry?
- Read about nature, food, and gardening.
- Comb through the garden catalogs that have started to show up in the mail.
- Cook a soup with Herbes de Provence (most blends have lavender in them, the floral really lightens your mood).
- Watch all the Caribbean tv shows and movies you can find (Rockers, Captain Ron are good places to start).
- Spend some money on a good candle (go for a floral or tropical summer scent).
- Sort through your seed packets, discarding super old ones, organizing what is left (Do this now! Once the weather turns nice, you’ll only want to be outside).
- Hit up the local conservatory or botanical garden, the indoor parts.
- Stay strong, you will make it! Spend time with your pet in the meanwhile.