My herbs are gigantic, so any idea I read or see concerning herbs sticks in my head. Latest and greatest is from 1,001 Ingenious Gardening Ideas, (page 204 if you’ve got the book).
- Harvest herbs of rosemary, thyme, oregano, parsley, and chive.
- Make sure all the herbs you harvest are between 5-8 inches in length. You’ll want about 8-10 pieces.
- Starting with chives, lay them out somewhat unevenly, and then twist them to make a rope that can be held together to form a 5 inch circle.
- While holding the chives, weave other herbs throughout the circle.
- If it goes a little rough, you can tie in some twine for reinforcement.
- Hang up to dry; and when you’re making soup this fall, toss it in (minus any other decoration you happen to have added).