Most of you have probably gotten your tomatoes in the ground during one of our little warm spells. I just put mine in this weekend, just to be on the safe side. Helpful hints for transplanting your starts.
- Allow enough room between plants for growth (18-36 inches apart)
- Plant your starts deep and in full sun
- Take off the first set of leaves closest to the roots, all the hairs on the stem will grow into roots
- Loosen the roots by gently squeezing
- Add some compost to the hole and plant
- Put supports in now rather than later as to not disturb the roots for a second time later in the season